Follow Me...

       
Thanks for stopping by! Don't forget to subscribe!

Saturday, November 29, 2014

Masculine Mixed Media Card - Time to Celebrate


OH MY GOODNESS - Why have I waited so long to purchase a Gelli plate?   I'm having so much fun!   I've created dozens of prints over the last few weeks.


I wanted to share an idea of how to use those prints.  If you have followed me for a while, you know that I'm just not much for "journaling".  Don't get me wrong, I have dozens of journals, and I have some that are mixed media, that I've started.  But I like to practice techniques on card stock then create projects with them, instead of hiding them away in a journal.

I created this masculine card to give to my nephew for his birthday.  These Gelli prints are PERFECT for Masculine card backgrounds.  So FUN, vibrant, and the perfect amount of grunge.

Earlier this year, I shared with you a post on how I created these wood veneers from the wood shapes you find in the craft section and stamps in your stash.  This is a perfect way to create custom embellishments with a trendy flare without breaking the wallet.  But I also encourage you to dig through your stash, and see if you can find something that would work.  Perhaps stickers of clocks, puzzle pieces, gears, washers, clocks, wood shapes, or  hexagon shaped die-cuts.


For the inside of my card, I used the Heidi Swapp Coral ink and a Fiskars Hexagon Sentiment Stamp set.  The "Time to Celebrate" perfectly mimicked the cluster of embellishments on the cover.

I have prepared a process video, showing how I put the card together:





I hope you enjoyed my share today,  Don't forget that we have a Ustream, Monday, December 1, 2014  at 8:30 p.m. Est.  We are going to create some fun Christmas cards using Gelli Prints and Die-nmaties Dies.

Thanks for stopping in today,
Tonya

Supplies:

  • Gelli Plate (any size)
  • Paint (colors of your choice)
  • Faber-Castell Design Memory Craft® Whipped Spackle.
  • Fiskars Hexagon Sentiment Stamp
  • Heidi Swapp Coral Ink
  • Heidi Swapp Honeycomb Stencil 6x6
  • Prima Wood Veneer Celebrate Flag
  • Recollections  Wood Veneer Frame
  • Cardstock
  • 7 Gypsies Gears
  • Twine

1 comment:

  1. I am so horrible with masculine cards/projects. Your card is wonderful! And, thanks for sharing. Kathy

    ReplyDelete

I love seeing things you create using my tutorials or project shares. Please use the following handles/tags in social media to insure that I get to see your creations:

INSTAGRAM: #FollowingTonyaGibbs    |   TWITTER:  @gibbst    #FollowingTonyaGibbs   |      FACEBOOK:Tag  Tonya Gibbs   #FollowingTonyaGibbs

I Design for:

    http://www.yvonneblair.com

Guest Artist: Click icon to see post!

http://www.teresacollinsdesignteam.blogspot.com/2013/10/family-stories-layout-and-video-by.html#comment-form   http://canvascorp.com/2013/03/21/easter-treat-baskets/


Past Teams

http://www.die-namites.com/     marion