Follow Me...

       
Thanks for stopping by! Don't forget to subscribe!

Friday, July 17, 2015

Love Summer Art - Wander Tag



Hey bloggers - welcome to day 1 of the #LoveSummerArt collaborative project with YouTube Artists around the WORLD!  The event runs from July 17 - 20th.  To find these artist,  just type #LoveSummerArt  in your YouTube search bar.  
 
 

This is a super fun way for you to discover new artists on YouTube, and be inspired by their work. All genres of art are participating - Exciting Right!     I've already met some super talented artists, just in the planning stage.   


Today, I'm sharing with you a Mixed Media Tag that I've created using up some of those pesky  scraps and "one hit wonders" that I have laying around on my desk. My tag base is a pair of my husband's old jeans  - trust me - they have never looked this pretty, EVER! 

My project was actually inspired by the Wander Philosophy Tags from Tim Holtz.  In the Summer you should always "Wander" or "travel" and explore. What better to illustrate this philosophy than a Dragon Fly - Right?  Here in Florida, we have these black dragon flies that have this beautiful teal iridescent colors, but at first glance they look black. I wanted to duplicate this effect on my tag.  I used Lindy's Stamp Gang, Vellum and an IndigoBlu Dragonfly stamp.   In the video I will show you how I created this handsome little fellow to mimic the ones in my garden!  


Here is the video showing how I created this tag from Start To Finish
 



Thanks for stopping in today! Don't forget to check back tomorrow, where I will be sharing a Layout Process video. 

Thanks,
Tonya Gibbs


Supplies:
  • Lindy's Stamp Gang - Limor Webber Designs Signature Tres Chic - Flat Fabio - Chateau Rose
  • Lindy's Stamp Gang - Limor Webber Designs Signature Industrial Chic - Starburst Stains - Rusty Lantern Lime
  • Lindy's Stamp Gang - Limor Webber Designs Signature Industrial Chic - Starburst Stains - Time Travel Teal
  • Lindy's Stamp Gang - Glitz Spritz - Blazing Sun
  • IndigoBlu - Dragonfly Dinkie - Stamp
  • Sizzix - Originals Die - Frame Zig Zag
  • Sizzix - Tim Holtz - Alterations - Heart Wings
  • Sizzix - Tim Holtz Alterations - Tag and Bookplate Die
  • Tim Holtz - Stamper's Anonymous - Stencil Flourish
  • Tim Holtz - Idea-o-logy - Philosophy Tokens
  • Prima Marketing - Misc. Flowers
  • Prima Marketing - Finnabair - Glass Glitter Sterling
  • Prima Marketing - Finnabair - Textural Accents - White Crackle
  • Denim
  • Heavy Chipboard
  • Golden - Gel Medium
  • Liquitex - Clear Gesso
  • Versa Watermark Ink Stamp Pad
  • Ranger Ink - Glossy Accents
  • Ranger Ink - Super Fine Embossing Powder  Black
  • We Are Memory Keepers - Crop-a-dile
  • We Are Memory Keepers - Large White Eyelets
  • Sheer Ribbon
  • Vellum
  • Lace Applique
  • Corrugated Recycled packaging
  • Cheese Cloth
  • Die-Versions - Hexagons Background

4 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thank you Shilpa for checking out my post today

      Delete
  2. Ummm you are amazing. For reals. It wasso good to listen to your voice!

    ReplyDelete

I love seeing things you create using my tutorials or project shares. Please use the following handles/tags in social media to insure that I get to see your creations:

INSTAGRAM: #FollowingTonyaGibbs    |   TWITTER:  @gibbst    #FollowingTonyaGibbs   |      FACEBOOK:Tag  Tonya Gibbs   #FollowingTonyaGibbs

I Design for:

    http://www.yvonneblair.com

Guest Artist: Click icon to see post!

http://www.teresacollinsdesignteam.blogspot.com/2013/10/family-stories-layout-and-video-by.html#comment-form   http://canvascorp.com/2013/03/21/easter-treat-baskets/


Past Teams

http://www.die-namites.com/     marion